An excellent opportunity has arisen for a top-flight software engineer to join a team of CNC simulation and solid modelling software engineers based in Sheffield.
MachineWorks Software Development Toolkit is the industry standard for CNC simulation and verification. Our software simulates any type of CNC machining and checks for clashes and gouges in the full machining environment. MachineWorks technology is integrated into developers' applications to provide a wide range of simulation and clash detection solutions. Typically our customers range from CAM to Machine Tool Manufacturers. Our unique suite of geometric engines is the fastest, most accurate and most stable available in the market and delivers unparalleled simulation and analysis.
Polygonica is a software toolkit for polygon mesh modelling, with a wide range of applications in Computer Aided Design (CAD), Manufacturing (CAM), Engineering and Analysis (CAE), scanning and modelling for Medical and Dental operations as well as Construction (BIM), Energy, Mining, Offshore and other large capital infrastructure projects.
Built on MachineWorks' core engines, Polygonica's unique polygonal modelling technology takes advantage of twenty five years of continuous development to extremely fast and robust 3D Boolean operations. Other algorithms offered by Polygonica include advanced mesh healing and repair, offsetting, simplification, quality-based remeshing, slicing, and scan to mesh processing.
A leading supplier of highly complex 3D industrial software components for manufacturing and after markets including Aerospace, Automotive, Construction, Energy, Offshore, Ship Building etc. requires a Pre-Sales Consultant Software Developer to expand their existing technical sales team.
This is a demanding role involving software development, commercial focus and regular international travel.
The successful candidate will take an active role in all of the following:
- Presenting the company and its products at conferences and via web meetings.
- Engaging with new leads to understand their requirements and propose and demonstrate solutions, both remotely and on-site.
- Supporting evaluations through
- building proof-of-concept prototypes and examples
- conducting on-site integration and training
- Managing the technical requirements of new clients until they successfully ship their product.
- Adding new features and capabilities to demo applications
- Attending trade shows to generate new leads and to provide technical assistance to new enquiries and existing customers.
The successful candidate will:
- Be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Be confident and able to build and maintain good relationships with prospects and partners at all levels.
- Be quick at thinking on their feet and innovative in working to find on-the-spot solutions.
- Demonstrate the ability to grasp and work with complex mathematical and geometrical concepts
- Understand and implement good software practices including SOLID principles
- Travel to EMEA, USA, Japan and Korea for approximately one week per month, sometimes including weekends.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Software development using C, C++, C#, MFC, WPF, Qt
- 3D software development.
- OpenGL, DirectX, WebGL
- HOOPS, ACIS, Parasolid, Unity, Unreal
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
What We Offer
- Salary depending on skills and experience
- 8% Employer Pension Contribution
- A flexible and friendly working environment with free parking
- Located in Sheffield on the edge of the Peak District National Park: https://www.theoutdoorcity.co.uk