MachineWorks Ltd is seeking software engineers to expand its Consulting Engineering team.
This is an exciting and varied role involving managing both short term and longer term projects to meet the needs of a range of clients in a range of industries. working with both the MachineWorks and Polygonica software libraries.
As part of the technically-focused Sales and Marketing team you will be responsible for improving sales of MachineWorks’ software libraries by proactively creating tools, examples, demonstrations, PoCs and MVPs, to both illustrate the advanced capabilities of the MachineWorks and Polygonica product lines, and to improve the getting started experience for client software developers seeking to evaluate and assess the technology for their specific requirements.
The successful candidate will:
- Be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Be confident and able to build and maintain good relationships with prospects and partners at all levels.
- Be quick at thinking on their feet and innovative in working to find on-the-spot solutions.
- Demonstrate the ability to grasp and work with complex mathematical and geometrical concepts
- Understand and implement good software practices including SOLID principles
Desirable skills and experience:
- Software development using C, C++, C#, WPF, Qt
- 3D software development.
- OpenGL, DirectX, WebGL
- HOOPS, ACIS, Parasolid, Unity, Unreal
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Although experience of commercial software development in C++ or C# is desirable, this role will also suit candidates with PhD or postdoc qualifications who can demonstrate strong mathematical and geometrical skills.
What We Offer
- Salary depending on skills and experience
- 8% Employer Pension Contribution
- A flexible and friendly working environment
- Located in Sheffield on the edge of the Peak District National Park: https://www.theoutdoorcity.co.uk