An excellent opportunity has arisen for an ambitious individual to join an international leading supplier of industrial 3D software based in Sheffield.
MachineWorks Software Development Toolkit is the industry standard for CNC simulation and verification. Our software simulates any type of CNC machining and checks for clashes and gouges in the full machining environment. MachineWorks technology is integrated into developers' applications to provide a wide range of simulation and clash detection solutions. Typically our customers range from CAM to Machine Tool Manufacturers. Our unique suite of geometric engines is the fastest, most accurate and most stable available in the market and delivers unparalleled simulation and analysis.
Polygonica is a software toolkit for polygon mesh modelling, with a wide range of applications in Computer Aided Design (CAD), Manufacturing (CAM), Engineering and Analysis (CAE), scanning and modelling for Medical and Dental operations as well as Construction (BIM), Energy, Mining, Offshore and other large capital infrastructure projects.
Built on MachineWorks' core engines, Polygonica's unique polygonal modelling technology takes advantage of twenty five years of continuous development to extremely fast and robust 3D Boolean operations. Other algorithms offered by Polygonica include advanced mesh healing and repair, offsetting, simplification, quality-based remeshing, slicing, and scan to mesh processing.
This role will suit a recent graduate or postdoc who shows strong aptitude in the relevant areas and skills. It may also suit someone with technical experience looking for a career move.
It is a demanding role requiring the successful candidate to develop a wide range of skills from commercial through technical. Alongside standard business development tasks work may vary from presenting at Trade Shows and seminars to creating original market-focused content for blogs and whitepapers.
Initially the role will focus on generating new leads through detailed market segmentation and telesales/inside sales. In time the successful candidate will move into a commission-based sales role that requires significant international travel across EMEA, North America, Japan and Korea.
- Researching organisations to identify and engage with qualified stakeholders
- Generating and nurturing leads through inside sales
- Generating leads by attending tradeshows in EMEA and US
- Probing for client needs and problems with solution mindset
- Learning how to perform effective online presentations and demonstrations
- Contributing to development of segment-relevant content for marketing communications
The successful candidate will:
- Be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate drive and persistence in reaching their goals
- Have a detailed, methodical and disciplined approach with a focus on quality
- Have the ability to think on their feet and adapt quickly to rapidly changing situations
- Be personable and comfortable establishing relationships with prospects and partners at all organisational levels
- Be able to grasp complex geometric and mathematical concepts even if they have not studied these at degree level.
Experience of software development, telesales, CAD/CAM/CAE/BIM or related industries is desirable but not essential.
What We Offer
- Great Basic Salary
- 8% Employer Pension Contribution
- Flexible and friendly working environment in the leafy Sheffield suburbs with free parking
- Plenty of Opportunity for international travel