An excellent opportunity has arisen for top flight software developers to join the expanding Sales and Marketing Team.
MachineWorks Software Development Toolkit is the industry standard for CNC simulation and verification. Our software simulates any type of CNC machining and checks for clashes and gouges in the full machining environment. MachineWorks technology is integrated into developers' applications to provide a wide range of simulation and clash detection solutions. Typically our customers range from CAM to Machine Tool Manufacturers. Our unique suite of geometric engines is the fastest, most accurate and most stable available in the market and delivers unparalleled simulation and analysis.
Polygonica is a software toolkit for polygon mesh modelling, with a wide range of applications in Computer Aided Design (CAD), Manufacturing (CAM), Engineering and Analysis (CAE), scanning and modelling for Medical and Dental operations as well as Construction (BIM), Energy, Mining, Offshore and other large capital infrastructure projects.
Built on MachineWorks' core engines, Polygonica's unique polygonal modelling technology takes advantage of twenty five years of continuous development to extremely fast and robust 3D Boolean operations. Other algorithms offered by Polygonica include advanced mesh healing and repair, offsetting, simplification, quality-based remeshing, slicing, and scan to mesh processing.
Managing potential customers who are themselves 3D software developers the sales and marketing team is required to work with the company’s proprietary software libraries to
- Create a range of demonstration software using a variety of graphical user interface tools
- Build proof-of-concept prototypes and examples
- Provide direct support to evaluating developers, through both remote and on-site training and pair-programming, to ensure new evaluations and integrations are rapid and successful.
- Develop software frameworks and reusable components to facilitate the above.
In addition the team is responsible for creating technical marketing content, webinars and training.
Working in this team might appeal to established software developers wishing to move into a more reactive client-facing environment and also to those who enjoy proactively building reusable components and tools.
Post-pandemic, occasional international travel will be expected.
The successful candidates will:
- Be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Be confident and able to build and maintain good relationships with prospects and partners at all levels.
- Be quick at thinking on their feet and innovative in working to find on-the-spot solutions.
- Demonstrate the ability to grasp and work with complex mathematical and geometrical concepts
- Understand and implement good software practices including SOLID principles
Important skills and experience
- At least one of C, C++ or C#
Other desirable, but not essential, skills and experience:
- 3D software development
- GUI experience e.g. WPF, Qt
- Graphics APIs e.g. OpenGL, DirectX
What We Offer
- Salary depending on skills and experience
- 8% Employer Pension Contribution
- A flexible and friendly working environment with free parking
- Located in Sheffield on the edge of the Peak District National Park: https://www.theoutdoorcity.co.uk